These bites of goodness take everything we love—sweet, a touch of salt, chocolate, perfectly toasted coconut, and (of course) delicious almond butter—to create a treat that’s simple, indulgent, and (yep) healthy! The bulk of the sweetness comes from dates, accented by our delicious, roasty Toasted Coconut Almond Butter, a touch of cocoa powder, and cinnamon, all dipped in rich dark chocolate.
- 1 ¼ cups pitted dates (we used Deglet, but if using Medjool, decrease coconut oil by ½ Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp Big Spoon Roasters Toasted Coconut Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for coating)
- Flaky sea salt
- Combine pitted dates, Toasted Coconut Almond Butter, 2 Tbsp coconut oil, cocoa powder, and cinnamon in a food processor until thoroughly blended. The mixture will be almost paste-like. If it seems too dry, add 1 tsp of coconut oil or Toasted Coconut Almond Butter at a time until it resembles a paste.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper so that some hangs over on each side, lengthwise.
- Press the date mixture into the parchment-lined loaf pan and spread evenly (it should be about 1 – 1 ½ inches thick).
- Freeze the mixture until firm, 2-4 hours.
- Once the mixture is firm, remove from the freezer.
- Microwave about 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil in 20-second increments until melted, stirring after each increment.
- Remove the date mixture from the pan (using the parchment paper), and cut into rectangles.
- One by one, coat each date bite with melted chocolate, and (using a fork), place onto a parchment-lined sheet tray. Sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.