We're declaring 2020 the year of comfort food. And is there anything more comforting than pie? Especially when it's super easy to make, and includes 1/4 cup of bourbon like this recipe from Instagrammer @healthyhomebakes.
The bourbon is technically optional, but we think you should go for it. It's 2020. You've earned it.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1/2 cup Sorghum Pecan Pie Butter
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark (dairy free or sugar free) chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Optional: 1/4 cup bourbon 🥃
- Mix all ingredients together, pour into a greased pie dish with prepared crust, and cover with foil.
- Bake 350 55-60 min or until the middle is set and comes out clean with a toothpick!
- *You can uncover after the first 30 min, just watch to make sure your crust isn’t getting too dark!*