"There's nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate."
- Linda Grayson
The holidays are a perfect time to whip up your most stunning dessert recipes, and luckily for you, we have one that fits the bill. This flourless salted chocolate almond butter cake from our friend Jasmine at Lively Meals looks absolutely beautiful, and comes together in a pinch for a delicious treat everyone will love.
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Butter
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
Raspberries and powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease and flour an 8-inch metal cake pan.
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the sugar and almond butter. Then whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Do not overbake (the texture will be fudgy).
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled completely, make the ganache. Heat the semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl using 15 second increments, stirring after each increment. Don’t let the cream get too hot. Once the cream is warm enough to melt the chocolate, whisk vigorously until the chocolate is melted.
- Spread the ganache on top of the cake. Top with raspberries and powdered sugar if desired.