Our Co-Founder Megan is a prolific baker and has been known to treat our team to a veritable buffet of cookies around the holidays. This recipe for Big Spoon Peanut Pecan Oatmeal Cookies is one of her classics and was actually featured in Bon Appetit in the early days of Big Spoon Roasters! It's the perfect peanut butter cookie - enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (heaping - I usually overdo it) Big Spoon Peanut Pecan Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup regular oats
- Mix together the sugars and butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat well.
- Add Big Spoon Peanut Pecan Butter and beat well...again :-)
- Measure the flour, soda, and salt into a sifter sitting over a plate - sift into the butter/sugar/egg mix and dump in whatever is left on the plate. Mix very well.
- Add the two kinds of oats and mix until well-blended.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop out the cookies onto heavy duty foil on top of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They bake best if you do half the time on a lower rack and the second half on an upper rack in the oven.