"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles M. Schulz
Chocolate and our flagship almond butter combine in this recipe to create a quick, nourishing, and downright delicious energy-packed snack. These energy bites are rich and fudge-y, without being too sweet, and are perfect on-the-go. Grab your food processor, whip these up in five minutes, and say hello to your pool bag and picnic basket's new summer BFF.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup Big Spoon Roasters Almond Butter with Wildflower Honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- splash of vanilla extract
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend oats until they reach a flour-like consistency.
- Add cocoa powder and flaxseed to the food processor with the oat flour.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add Almond Butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients.
- Pulse until well-incorporated.
- Add more Almond Butter if the mixture appears too dry.
- Roll into rounded Tablespoon-sized balls.
- Stud with dairy-free chocolate chips and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Beaming Baker.