Peanut butter, jam, pillows, cookies - what's not to love in this recipe for PB&J Pillow Cookies? These fluffy cookies, made with our Peanut Butter with Wildflower Honey will make your week filled with just a bit more joy. But don't just take our word for it - get baking!
- 1 cup Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Butter with Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 preserves or jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking a sheet with parchment paper.
- Use 1/4 cup peanut butter to scoop 3/4 tsp portions and place onto prepared parchment paper. Create 12 small "dollops" like this. Place in freezer while you prepare the cookie dough!
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix 1 cup peanut butter + the butter until smooth. Add in sugars and mix on medium speed about two minutes.
- Add egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix just until combined, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Turn mixer to low, or use rubber scraper, and add in flour, stirring just until incorporated.
- Remove your frozen dollops from the freezer and use this same baking sheet + parchment paper to portion out your dough.
- Portion out the dough into little balls (about 3 tbsp). Make a little well in the center of each ball with your thumb. Scoop about 3/4 tsp of your preserves or jelly into the well of the dough, and top with frozen peanut butter dollops.
- Form the dough into a ball carefully around the peanut butter and jam, sealing them into the dough.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and tops start to crack just slightly.
- Allow to cool (insides will be hot!), and enjoy!