WAREHOUSE & FULFILLMENT TEAM LEADER
Location: Hillsborough, NC
General hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Hillsborough, NC. Working with only the best possible ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers, we have a mission to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.
This full-time position is responsible for overseeing our warehouse and fulfillment operations. This includes receiving of inbound product according to food safety standards and internal processes, picking, packing, and shipping of e-commerce, wholesale, and distributor orders, and managing our inventory and warehouse. We are seeking a team leader who understands that the details matter while still seeing the big picture, is excited about growing with our small business, and is an effective leader and motivator of others.
- Verify all paperwork and food safety standards for inbound products
- Ensure received goods are entered correctly into the inventory system and physically labeled on the same day as received
- Oversee and support the unloading of trucks and the proper placement of inbound products prior to and after being received in the inventory system
- Create a plan for the priorities for the day based on pending wholesale, ecommerce, and distributor orders. Communicate timing and responsibilities to the team, the Operations Manager, and others who work closely with the team
- Oversee the operational functions of all elements associated with picking, packing, and shipping orders, both physically and in our shipping and inventory systems.
- Monitor carrier schedules and ensure that regular pickups are maintained and completion of picking and packing is aligned with those pickups
- Investigate and lead solution development for shipping errors, breakage, and other product loss related to fulfillment.
- Monitor order progress and process to ensure on time delivery.
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues related to the shipping process and equipment (shipping lines, equipment, carriers, deliveries, etc.)
- Maintain W&F computer workstation and ensure all updates in a timely manner.
WAREHOUSE & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Identify problems or bottlenecks in warehouse processes and resolve issues.
- Oversee the use, maintenance, and training for all warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklifts, tape machines, geami wrapper, and pallet jacks.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of warehouse area to assure a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
SAFETY, STANDARDS, & PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- Establish, implement and monitor departmental and employee productivity standards and goals.
- Monitor and report any unsafe conditions or issues with equipment to management
- Follow, monitor, and enforce all food safety procedures, including FDA and GMP guidelines
- Participate in the development of process improvements and maintain updated SOPs for all activities related to Warehouse & Fulfillment
- Work with company leadership to collect and analyze data regarding inventory (raw materials and finished goods), waste, maintenance issues, safety issues, employee issues and any other incidents.
- Act as an example to others of a positive, hard-working team member who models all company policies and procedures
- Ensure that management understands the needs and concerns of all team members; provide input into new policies and procedures; help all team members to understand the logic and need behind new and existing company policies to support their effective implementation.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees on the Warehouse & Fulfillment Team in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- High level of comfort with computers and software systems; knowledge of Shipstation, CIN7, and Shopify a plus
- Experience in warehouse environments and with picking, packing, and shipping
- Experience with material-handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal relationship building, employee motivation and development skills
- High personal standards; proactive approach; clear sense of accountability and self-improvement
- An all-hands-on-deck attitude. Team members of BSR should be willing to roll up their
- Sense of urgency to complete time-sensitive tasks without errors
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 60 pounds repeatedly during an 8-hour shift
- Comfortable with repetitive motions
- Strong attention to detail, punctuality, and dependability
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for Big Spoon Roasters’ goals, values, and standards
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $17.50 / hour with potential for overtime
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness benefit, CSA benefit, and retirement benefit after successful 90-day review
- Semi-annual profit-based bonuses and other performance-based bonuses
- One 13oz jar of Big Spoon Roasters nut butter per week
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 7 days of PTO to start, increasing with tenure
- 4 personal sick days per year
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.