BOOKKEEPER & WHOLESALE OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Reports to: Megan Overbay, COO
Classification: Full-time, Salaried
Location: Hillsborough, NC
General Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Hillsborough, NC. Working with only the best possible ingredients sourced directly from local and like-minded producers, we have a mission to build a healthier relationship with our planet through delicious, nutritious foods made without compromise.
This full-time, salaried position works closely with the Inside Sales & Customer Service Manager, Operations Manager, and COO to support the financial and wholesale operations of the business. The role combines traditional bookkeeping responsibilities with wholesale order processing and fulfillment, providing a broad view of the business for a team member who likes to understand how it all fits together. Big Spoon Roasters is a dynamic, growing business, and the responsibilities and duties of this position will therefore evolve on a continual basis depending on the needs and growth of the company. We are seeking a team member who understands that the details matter and is energized by the opportunity to wear multiple hats and be an integral part of the growth of the business.
- Process deposits and receive payments into BSR systems
- Add & match transactions in Xero
- Resolve customer short-payments, duplicate payments, and overpayments
- Manage past due collections, including sending overdue reminders through Xero and following up with individual customers
- Review, document, and update, as needed, processes and policies related to Accounts Receivable
- Enter and process invoices in Xero and CIN7 (BSR’s inventory system)
- Pay approved bills through online bill pay/ACH
- Schedule credit card payments
- Set up autopay/schedule recurring payments
- Enter credit memos
- Enter and code expenses
- Reach out for receipts/expense coding questions
- Vendor correspondence related to bill payment questions, missing invoices on statements, lost checks, etc.
- Review, document, and update, as needed, processes and policies related to Accounts Payable
ORDER PROCESSING AND FULFILLMENT SUPPORT
- Support the Inside Sales Manager with the management of inbound orders, including:
- Monitor orders [at] bigspoonroasters [dot] com for new wholesale orders submitted directly
- Process and approve new wholesale orders – direct, B2B, and Faire - through the CIN7 system
- Communicate with wholesale customers regarding any questions related to orders or fulfillment
- Assist in the fulfillment of large orders such as those going to Amazon and distributors
- Manage the claim and credit process for all inbound and outbound freight and parcels
- Manage the proper labeling and fulfillment for our Community Blend donation program
- Share responsibility for answering the door, the main phone line, and facilitating pick up orders
- Act as an example to others of a positive, hard-working team member who models all company policies and procedures
- Ensure that management understands the needs and concerns of all team members; provide input into new policies and procedures; help all team members to understand the logic and need behind new and existing company policies to support their effective implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for Big Spoon Roasters’ goals, values, and standards
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail; excellent self- proofreading
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; process orientation
- High level of comfort with computers and software systems; knowledge of Xero, CIN7, and Shopify a plus
- An ability to take direction, learn quickly, and work toward goals independently. A person who needs frequent follow up or reminders about responsibilities and pending projects will not be suited for this job
- High personal standards; proactive approach; clear sense of accountability and self-improvement
- An all-hands-on-deck attitude. Team members of BSR should be willing to roll up their sleeves and tackle a wide range of tasks in order to help however they can!
- Excitement about growth and the challenges and opportunities growth brings
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or 3-5 years of applied experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym / Fitness / Wellness reimbursement
- Local Food CSA reimbursement (redeemed in early spring of each year)
- Matching IRA retirement plan contribution up to 3% of salary
- Quarterly profit-based bonuses
- One 13oz jar of Big Spoon Roasters nut butter per week
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 10 days of PTO to start, increasing with tenure
- 4 personal sick days per year
Big Spoon Roasters provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.