“The holiest of all holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; The secret anniversaries of the heart.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
There is no pressure to "make the most of quarantine." All of our days look different from one another, so if you haven't mastered making sourdough bread, read that book on the shelf, or reinvigorated your creative side, that's okay. If you do have extra time and are looking to spice up your morning routine, we have just the recipe for you. We hope it’s a nice way to take your quick, habitual coffee routine and slow it down a bit. We made ours with homemade cashew milk, but feel free to sub oat milk or other milk of choice.
- One big spoonful Espresso Nut Butter
- Dash cinnamon
- Dash cayenne
- Little vanilla
- 1.5 cups creamy cashew milk
- 2 dates (pitted, halved)
- Add all ingredients to saucepan, heat and stir.
- Add to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into mug and add cinnamon, cayenne, or shaved chocolate to top it off!
You can sub our classic Almond Butter with Wildflower Honey (or even Toasted Coconut Almond Butter!) and any milk option of your choosing. We adapted from this recipe here.