If you're like us, you're constantly on the lookout for new ways to enjoy your nut butter. Enter this scrumptious recipe from personal trainer, nutrition specialist, and registered nurse Jayme Williams, known on Instagram as @fit_n_clean_mama. Throw together a batch of of her Sweet Potato Bread, smear on some of our handmade nut butter, and you have a killer breakfast or snack for the week.
- 3 small sweet potatoes (about 300g), steamed and then cooled
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 C flour (she uses @bobsredmill gluten free 1:1 baking flour)
- 3 tsp low sodium baking powder
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon (she uses @eatbrands Eat Spice probiotic cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- optional: 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, if you want it a tad sweeter
- also optional: pecan halves (or chopped) for topping
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes.
- Add egg, vanilla, sugar (if using), almond milk, + coconut oil; whisk to combine. Add dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour into a pre-sprayed loaf pan and top with pecan halves (if using).
- Bake at 325 for 45-ish min. **Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To serve, slice into thick pieces and slather generously with our Peanut Pecan or Maple Cinnamon butter.