"Everyone knows that ice cream is worth the trouble of being cold. Like all things virtuous, you have to suffer to gain the reward." - Brandon Sanderson
This ice cream celebrates our fan-favorite Limited Batch Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter in all of it's glory, with a vegan twist. This avocado-based ice cream (trust us on this one!) makes the perfect cool treat, and Pistachio Crunch brings another layer of delicious texture we can't get enough of. This comes together in just a few minutes (plus a night of freezing), and is our ideal way to toast the oncoming end of summer.
- 2 – 2.5 cups plant milk
- 1 ripe medium-large avocado
- 1/3 cup Limited Batch Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter
- 1 cup medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 5-10 min, then pitted)*
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Handful of spinach (for color, optional)
- Pistachios for topping
- Combine the plant milk, avocado, Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter, soaked dates or maple syrup, extract, and spinach in a blender.
- Blend on high until well-mixed.
- Pour the liquid into a loaf pan and top with chopped pistachios (or swirl with more Pistachio Crunch Almond Butter) and freeze at least five hours, preferably overnight.
- 15 minutes before serving, remove the ice cream from the freezer and sit it out at room temperature.
- Scoop and enjoy—we love serving it in a cone or (even better!) a re-purposed 10oz jar 😌
*dates make for a creamier base, but if you don't love the taste (or want a brighter green color), you can substitute them with 1/3 cup pure maple syrup!