It’s week two of Holiday Cookie recipes here at Big Spoon, so we figure it’s time to break the internet! 😉 We made these Stuffed Fluffernutter Cookies by @thecozyplum, and we think you’ll agree that Marshmallow x BSR Peanut Pecan Butter is the collab we’ve all been waiting for!
Here’s what you’ll need to replicate these ooey-gooey treats:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (180g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature (113g)
- 1 cup Big Spoon Roasters Peanut Pecan Butter (270g) divided
- ½ cup light brown sugar (100g)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (67g)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 12 marshmallows standard size
- peanut butter chips
- flaky sea salt
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a standard sized plate. Measure out ¼ cup (~67g) of nut butter, then use a teaspoon measure to scoop heaping scoops onto the plate. You will need 12 dollops. Use more nut butter to get to 12, if needed. Place the nut butter in the freezer while preparing the dough.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and ¾ cup (202g) nut butter, then add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine, then scrape down the sides. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
- Prepare two full sized cookie sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃.
- Measure out three even tablespoons (~60g) of dough then flatten it out in between your palms. Place one dollop of the frozen peanut butter in the center, then add a marshmallow (on its long side) on top and gently press down.
- Work the dough upwards and around the top of the marshmallow until it’s completely sealed. The dough may crack in some places - just gently push it together with your thumbs as best as possible. Place the dough seam side/marshmallow side down on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat this until there are 12 cookie dough balls. It's best to work in batches of 3 or 4, leaving the extra nut butter in the freezer. Arrange the cookies, 6 on each pan, and stud each top with 4-5 peanut butter chips, if desired.
- Bake one pan at a time for 9-11 minutes on the middle rack until the edges are set and just barely brown on the very bottom edge. The cookies should have started to crack open to expose the marshmallow (but not all of them will always crack) and they will still look slightly puffy. Remove from the oven and use a fork to gently push the cookies into nice circles. Then, top with flaky salt, if desired.
- Let cool completely on the pan before transferring to a serving platter or storage container. You may need to use a spatula to lift off some of the sticky marshmallow pieces.
Feel free to sub any other BSR nut butter in this recipe -- the good news is, you can't make a bad choice! And be sure check out our reel of this recipe on our Instagram feed. Happy baking!