To celebrate the spring , we’re sharing this fresh, bright, and delicious recipe for Crunchy Thai Salad with Fiji Ginger Almond Butter Dressing inspired by @jessica_gavin. 🥗
Here’s what you’ll need to recreate it:
- 2 cups sliced kale
- 1 ½ cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1 ½ cups sliced red cabbage
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 mango, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp sliced green onions
- ¼ cup peanuts, roasted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Big Spoon Roasters Fiji Ginger Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sambal
- 1 clove minced garlic
-1 Tbsp warm water
1. Combine the Vegetables – In a large bowl add thin slices of kale, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, mango, cilantro, mint, and green onions. Then, set aside.
2. Prepare your CRUNCH – Roughly chop ¼ cup roasted peanuts. Using a small pan, toast them on medium heat for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add to the salad.
3. Make the Nut Butter Dressing – In a blender add nut butter, lime juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal, garlic, and water. Puree until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Alternatively, the ingredients can be whisked together in a medium-sized bowl. Add more water if needed to thin out the dressing if desired. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
4. To Serve – Gradually add enough dressing to coat the salad and toss to combine. Drizzle with more dressing if there’s any remaining. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and chopped peanuts.
Watch an instructional video here!