WAREHOUSE & FULFILLMENT TEAM LEADER
The Warehouse & Fulfillment Team Leader is responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient, and accurate transportation of products within the facility, inbound receiving and outbound shipping, facility maintenance, and inventory control. The W&F Team Leader supervises all warehouse operations and serves as a critical link between all the processes from obtaining raw materials through to delivering the finished goods to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model and enforce employee safety procedures
- Report any unsafe conditions to management
- Follow, monitor, and enforce all food safety procedures, including FDA and GMP guidelines
- Model and enforce all company policies and regulations
- Oversee the operational functions of all elements associated with shipping orders.
- Oversee the use, maintenance, and training for all warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of warehouse area to assure a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Arrange inbound and outbound freight.
- Identify problems or bottlenecks in warehouse processes and resolves issues.
- Work with company leaders to collect and analyze data regarding inventory (raw materials and finished goods), waste, maintenance issues, safety issues, employee issues and any other incidents.
- Establish, implement and monitor departmental and employee productivity standards and goals.
- Monitor daily departmental operations including shipping/carrier schedules to ensure objectives are met.
- Participate in the development of process improvements.
- Ensure received goods are entered same day as received.
- Investigate and lead solution development for shipping errors, breakage, and other product loss related to fulfillment.
- Monitor order progress and process to ensure on time delivery.
- Process orders in ShipStation and make necessary adjustments.
- Trouble shoot and resolve issues related to the shipping process and equipment (shipping lines, equipment, carriers, deliveries, etc.)
- Maintain W&F computer workstation and ensure all updates in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees on the Warehouse & Fulfillment Team in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Embody the Big Spoon Roasters values of integrity, quality work, sustainability, and respect.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Strong computer literacy
- Experience with material-handling equipment (i.e. forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching and development skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members, including a large group of employees
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization's management team that provides leadership and direction
- Sense of urgency to complete time-sensitive tasks without errors
- Comfortable standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 60 pounds repeatedly during an 8-hour shift
- Comfortable with repetitive motions
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule
- Able to make note of, and follow through with, verbal instructions
- Strong attention to detail, punctuality, and dependability
- Exceptionally clean personal hygiene
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Excitement about the Big Spoon Roasters brand, values, and mission
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $17.50 / hour with potential for overtime
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, wellness benefit, CSA benefit, and retirement benefit after successful 90-day review
- Quarterly profit-based bonuses
- Innovation Award and other performance-based bonuses
- One 13oz jar of Big Spoon Roasters nut butter per week
ABOUT BIG SPOON ROASTERS
Big Spoon Roasters makes handcrafted nut butters and snack bars from scratch in Hillsborough, North Carolina. Our carefully selected ingredients are sourced directly from local and like-minded producers who share our dedication to authentic quality, sustainability, and transparency. Each small batch is handmade to produce nut butters and bars that are uniquely fresh, delicious, and nutritious. We set the category standards for integrity, flavor, and freshness.